25.11.05

AVVENTURA A VANG VIENG







Hi friends
I thaught Luang Prabang was the best until I saw Vang Vieng
never pay attention to comments against this place!
If you like nature and sport that is your paradise
I know it is also a paradise for whom is interested in oppium
but do not care about it, live and let live!
Anyway when I arrived exausted after a 6 hours bus trip
of neverending bends/curves a couple from Bilbao, Spain with
whom I talked during the run, a girl from Saint Moritz and me
were approached by a laotian boy with a tuk/tuk (local little taxi).
He invited us to be guests in his LES JARDIN VILLAGE and we accepted.
The compound of this village, located just at the end of the town, lays in
front of the river with gorgeous mountains all around, a green yard and about
20 wooden bungalows, each with its own terrace, bathroom, fan and hot water
for 8 usdollar per day.
Fantastic, we mediterranean accepted while the swiss girl went away and
chose a central room for 4 usd renouncing to our paradise.
We had lunch together, then relaxed on the terrace of the restaurant drinking a
Lao beer and taking our first sun, not strong but pleasant, that is better not to get burnt.
Ruth, the bascan girl and her husbband Ignacio were a very organized couple: in few minutes
they knew everything about the place and offered me to accompany them in a walk in the
nearby valley through ricefields, passing a wooden bridge to reach an old cave on the hill.
It was a pleasant walk and after that I took a shower, slept a couple of hours and then went to explore the town that I reached in ten minutes walk.
The town is very simple and little, with shops, bars, restaurants, many guesthouses and of course the villagers homes!
I opted for a new massage and then had dinner in a terrace restaurant along the river.
Barbecued fish, rice and steamed vegetables, coconut shake all for 6 dollars.

No comments: